Monday, January 19, 2009

A Review - Newbie's Guide To Online Fortunes

Also subtitled 'The Simple & Easy Guide To Starting Your Very Own Online Business ASAP!'

The purpose of my blog is to provide you with truly valuable step-by-step information, lead you toward resources that I have found present real value, and, from time to time tell you what I think about some of the information I have found.

The comments that follow are strictly my personal opinion.

This 'Guide' is a resource that you can definitely live without. It's another of those valuable sources of information that I regret having given any hard drive storage space to. I have since deleted it, kept the title page (so I don't accidentally download it again) and thrown away the rest of the printout.

The e-book appears to have been written in 2004. The information is outdated, at best. The author is not known, which was a good decision on their part. Similar to a majority of other 'how to' guides you'll find, there is no 'how to' anywhere to be found. For example, you are instructed that when you have decided what your domain name will be, you need to check that no one else is using the same name. Good idea, but you aren't given any instructions on how to do so.

The document is loaded with grammatical errors, possibly (??) a result from difficulties encountered in translating. "By sitting in front of the computer, everyone in the world is now within your three feet". Huh? Last I checked, I don't have three feet. It is also fulled up with spellen erers.

There is one part of the document that has some benefit. If you are completely lost for an idea to start your own online business, there is a section that outlines some topics you might consider. But, only consider this as a last resort when you have no ideas of your own.

My recommendation is that you avoid this guide. Don't download it, waste your time reading it, and for the preservation of your good name - do not suggest to anyone you know that they do either.

Just my thoughts.

No comments: